The marine environment is responsible for the following duties:
- Prevention of marine Environmental Pollution.
- Promote and raise awareness on Coastal Environmental Protection.
- Implementing Environmental Policies and Practice.
- To ensure safeguard the natural Marine environment
- Prepare for Contingency Plan for Oil Spill and other Acute pollution
- Mitigation and termination and for Oil spill and acute pollution of offshore and onshore
- Performs any other related duties assigned by Director General.
- Ensuring compliance of international treaties and protocols in respect of protection of the marine environment.